Spinach Sauce for Chicken
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) (heaping) walnuts
- 1 or more lemons, juice only, to taste
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried basil
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt (optional)
- Serving suggestion:
- cooked chicken breasts
- cooked fettucine
- french bread
- Place whole garlic cloves and walnuts in food processor or blender.
- Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Thaw spinach in microwave, and place in processor.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients, and continue to blend, scraping sides of processor as necessary, until
- the mixture is a thick paste.
- Serve over prepared chicken breasts or hot fettucine with a loaf of french bread.