Oatmeal Candy Cane Cookies
- 1 cup (225 ml) margarine
- 2 tsp (10 ml). vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). water
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) sifted flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) Quaker oats
- Beat margarine and vanilla until creamy.
- Add sugar gradually; beat until fluffy.
- Add water.
- Sift flour and salt together. Add to creamed mixture; mix well.
- Stir in oats until well blended. Dough will be quite
- Make into candy cane shapes; place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in slow oven at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 20-25 minutes; cool.
- Frost canes with white frosting.
- Color some of the white frosting with red food coloring and make red stripes across the canes.