- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). beef round steak
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cooking oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dry mustard
- 1 4 oz (112 grm) can mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- Cut round steak into serving size pieces.
- Combine dry mustard, salt and pepper; sprinkle over round
- steak and pound on both sides with meat mallet.
- Brown steak quickly in oil in large frying pan.
- Pour off drippings.
- Drain liquid from mushrooms and add enough water to make 1/2 cup (125 ml).
- Add liquid and Worcestershire sauce to steak.
- Cover tightly and cook slowly for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add mushrooms during last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove steak to warm serving platter and top with mushrooms.
- Per Serving: 300 Cal (30% from Fat, 69% from Protein, 1% from Carb); 50 g Protein; 10 g Tot Fat; 1
g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 7 mg Calcium; 5 mg Iron; 430 mg Sodium; 122 mg Cholesterol