Serves/Makes:18 or more cookies
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) uncooked Wheatena
- Sift together flour, wheatena, salt and baking powder.
- Cream shortening and sugar, add milk and beaten egg, then the sifted ingredients.
- Drop on a greased cookie sheet, or roll very thin on a well floured board.
- Bake in 350 degree (175 C.) oven, about 10 minutes.
- You can substitute Chocolate Flavored Malt-o-Meal, or any other dry "hot" cereal. Oatmeal doesn't work, but things more like Cream of Rice or Cream of Wheat do.