Glazed Ham Steak or Slices
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1-1/4 lbs (.6 kg). ham steak or about 4 to 6 thicker cut ham slices
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dry mustard
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) to 1/2 cup (125 ml) pineapple juice
- Place ham steak or slices in a baking pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and dry mustard over ham.
- Pour 1/3 to 1/2 cup (125 ml) pineapple juice over ham.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve this with a cheese souffle, steamed asparagus, and croissants for a delicious brunch or a light dinner. If asparagus is not in season, substitute any of your favorite fresh steamed vegetables. Nice to add a small fruit cup, especially melon and/or strawberries to the menu.