- Delicious healthy soup
- Valerie Williams
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cups (700 ml) broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) diced green cabbage
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green beans
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). dried basil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced zucchini
- In a large saucepan, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, saute carrot, onion, and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt; bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered about 15 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Stir in zucchini and heat 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- When I did Weight Watchers a few years ago, I got this recipe. It is really yummy and easy to customize. For instance, I don't like zucchini, so I just left that out and put in some broccoli instead. As long as you stick with non-starchy vegetables, it shouldn't affect the low-calorie aspect. At that time, this soup was shown as 0 points, meaning I could have it whenever I wanted! I made huge pots of it, and just warmed up a bowl at a time as a meal, or as a side to help fill up with something else yummy, etc. Even my then-husband, who definitely did not need to diet, loved this soup.