Outback Steakhouse Blue Cheese Salad
- A copycat recipe.
Serves/Makes:4 entree sized salads
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 4 heads iceberg lettuce
- 1 lb (.5 kg). shredded carrot
- 1 lb (.5 kg). shredded red cabbage
- 3 oz (84 grm). chopped chives
- 5 oz (140 grm). angel hair pasta, fried and broken
- 5 oz (140 grm). blue cheese chopped in squares
- 5 oz (140 grm). balsamic vineger
- 3 oz (84 grm). caramelized candied pecans
- 4 grilled chicken breasts (optional)
- Chop lettuce in 1/2-inch squares.
- Mix lettuce with the carrot, cabbage, pecans and vinegar.
- Add the angel hair pasta, blue cheese and chives.
- Serve in a chilled bowl.
- Serving Suggestion: Top with sliced grilled chicken breast.
- This recipe was found on the web at Puerto Vallerta Lifestyles Magazine.
"Outback Steakhouse does not give away recipes; any seen on the web are not official." This is a direct quote from the outbacksteakhouse.com website. The only hint they give is that their pecans have cinnamon in the glaze.