Asparagus and Water Chestnuts
- Memaw from CatJenkins
- 2 tsp (10 ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) diced red onion
- 1 5 oz (140 grm). can sliced water chestnuts drained
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). package frozen cut asparagus
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vinegar
- Heat oil and butter in skillet.
- Add onion and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the water chestnuts, asparagus and vinegar; cook and stir for about 10 minutes til asparagus is cooked but still crunchy.
- prep time: 5 min. Cook time: 12 min. Cal; 70, Chol: 3 mg., Carb: 8.6 grams. Don't like the looks of asparagus, so I don't eat it, but I'm trying to. This sounds like a good way.