- Vandana Mathue
Serves/Makes:1 large bowl
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) pounded garlic flakes
- 1 cup (225 ml) wedged green chilles
- 1 cup (225 ml) salad oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground black peppercorns
- Wash and cut tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan.
- Put in garlic.
- Let garlic turn transparent, add tomatoes.
- Cook on slow flame for 30 minutes.
- Add green chilles, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir till oil comes on top.
- Store when cool in a jar.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for a month.
- Serve with asian savouries.
- Spicy and does well with Indian stuffed breads (prathas).