Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 2 lb (.9 kg) to 3 lbs (1.4 kg) sirloin roast
- lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vinegar
- 1 cup (225 ml) soy sauce
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). sugar
- Score roast 1/4 inch deep on both sides approximately 1 inch apart.
- Let it set at room temperature 1/2 to 1 hour before seasoning.
- Rub garlic (to taste) on both sides.
- Sprinkle with salt, squeeze fresh lemon juice on both sides.
- Pepper heavily.
- Pour one half of marinade over meat.
- Let set for 30 minutes.
- Sear meat on both sides.
- Remove and cover with foil and remaining marinade.
- Cook for 20 minutes or more (time depends on BBQ, 20 minutes on a Weber. For best results, use meat thermometer).
- Slice and eat. Always slice tri tip "across the grain" for tenderest eating.
- It is my understanding that a sirloin roast is called a tri-tip roast. The boneless sirloin tip is also called top sirloin, triangle and loin tip . The better grades can be oven-roasted; otherwise moist-heat methods should be used.
(A bottom round roast is called a tip roast.
Look for recipes for that, or use a tri-tip recipe with your sirloin roast.)