- 2 lbs (.9 kg). sirloin steak,cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salad oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 1 2 oz (56 grm). jar whole mushrooms
- 1 cup (225 ml) beef bouillon
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) burgundy wine
- 2 tsp (10 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) onion salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- Brown meat in butter and oil in skillet.
- Add mushrooms.
- Stir in 3/4 cup (175 ml) bouillon, wine, soy sauce, onion and salt; continue cooking.
- Remove meat from skillet into 2 quarts (1900 ml) casserole. Leave drippings in skillet.
- Blend corn starch with the remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) bouillon.
- Add to skillet, stirring constantly and cook until mixture thickens.
- Pour over meat, cover and cook at 275 degrees (125 C.) for 1 hour.
- Check seasoning, it may need salt.