- Heather Mullins
Serves/Makes: 4 large or 6 small
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) milk
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). sugar
- cooking oil
- powdered sugar for topping
- toppings, optional (see comments section)
- Heat oil to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Beat egg and milk.
- Mix dry ingrediants and add slowly to the egg mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Drop into hot oil through funnel working from center out.
- With tongs, check to see if the bottom is golden brown.
- Flip and wait until bottom is golden brown.
- Lift out with tongs and let drip onto paper towel.
- Put on plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm.
- This is a family favorite in my house. My children also like different toppings on it. You can use just about any fruit topping, chocolate syrup and even ice cream. So just be creative and enjoy!!