Serves/Makes: 2 cups
- 1 lb (.5 kg). small tomatoes, peeled
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 jalapeno chiles, peeled and seeded
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- Cut the tomatoes in half and cut out the stems.
- Place in a blender or food processor with the onion and garlic.
- Blend just until tomatoes are chopped but not pureed.
- Add the chiles. Blend a few seconds or until chopped.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the chile mixture and the salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- NOTE: you can reduce the chiles if you want milder sauce...