- A side dish
- 2 cups (475 ml) long grain rice
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) caldo de pollo (chicken flavor bouillon)
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 4 cups (950 ml) water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil
- Heat oil in pot
- Stir in dry rice and brown (continuously stir so as not to burn) for about 3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and stir.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and chicken flavor boullion.
- Reduce to low heat.
- Leave for 12 to 15 minutes with out stirring.
- When all water is evaporated it is ready to serve.