- Karen Callaghan
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely crushed Cornflakes
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) onion salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chicken stock powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground white pepper
- oil for deep frying
- Place chicken drumsticks in a large pan of boiling water, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 8 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Drain and place chicken drumsticks in a large bowl and cover with cold water.
- Combine cornflakes, sifted flour, garlic and onion salts, stock powder and white pepper in a medium bowl.
- Dip wet drumsticks, one at a time, into the seasoned flour mixture; shaking off any excess flour.
- Heat oil in a deep heavy based pan.
- Gently add drumsticks a few at a time, cooking over a medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel; keeping warm.
- Repeat with remaining pieces and serve hot.