Serves/Makes:2 cups approx.
- 1 cube butter, NOT margarine
- 1 lb (.5 kg). mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shallots, minced, NOT garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brandy
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). lemon juice
- Saute shallots for 5 to 7 minutes in butter.
- Chop mushrooms coarsely; add to shallots and cook over high heat for only 2 minutes.
- Heat brandy. Add to mixture and ignite.
- Stir until flames die down.
- Put in blender and puree.
- Add salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve with crackers.