- Chicken Fried Rice
- Martha Purdy
Serves/Makes:6 or more servings
- 6 cups (1425 ml) steamed rice (khao suay)
- 2 cups (475 ml) shredded and blanched chicken (kai)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) mushrooms (hed) sliced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chopped ginger (khing)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chopped garlic (kratiem)
- 4 green chilies (pri khi nu khiao) chopped
- 4 fresh red chilies (prik khi nu daeng) chopped
- 2 tsp (10 ml) soy sauce
- 10 fresh basil leaves (kraprao)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (bai ma krut)
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) oil
- 2 spring onions chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok and briefly saute the chopped ginger, garlic and chilies.
- Add the shredded and blanched chicken.
- Saute on medium for about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and toss them well on high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped spring onions.