- Thai Vegan Fried Rice
- Martha Purdy
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 6 cups (1425 ml) cooked long-grain rice (cold)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) coarsely chopped garlic
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) fresh ground black pepper
- 6 oz (168 grm). green beans, diced
- 4 oz (112 grm). fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) thai green curry paste
- 3 scallions
- 1 cucumber, peeled,sliced in half,and with seeds removed
- 1 lime
- Prepare the garnishes: cut the scallions on a slight diagonal into 1-inch lengths, cut the cucumber into very thin slices, cut the lime into wedges; set aside.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat and add the oil.
- When the oil is very hot and slightly smoking, add the garlic, onion, and black pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the green beans and corn and continue to stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the cold cooked rice and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and curry paste and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with the scallions, cucumber, and lime, and serve hot.