Tomato Recipes to use up garden fresh tomatoes
- Scald tomatoes in boiling water 2 minutes.
- Soak tomatoes in cold water 1 minute, peel, core, quarter and pack into clean jars. Add no water.
- Add 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt to each pint jar, and 1 tsp (5 ml). salt to each quart jar.
- Wipe rims of jars with a clean cloth and then place caps on jars.
- Screw bands on firmly then process in hot water bath 35 minutes; or in pressure canner, 10 minutes at 5 lbs (2.3 kg). pressure; or in oven, for 75 minutes set at 250 degrees (125 C.).
- Make sure tops are are sealed and do not pop when pressed.
- If lids pop, refridgerate and use first.