6-Layer Lemon Meringue Cake
- Elegant & Rich
- 1 packaged Angel Food Cake
- 1 15-1/2 oz (434 grm). can Lemon Pie Filling
- 4 egg whites
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Slice Angel Food Cake into 6 layers (Stack in reverse order until ready to assemble).
- Place first layer of the cake on a Jelly Roll Pan covered with a layer of aluminum foil that has been sprayed with oil.
- Spread a thin layer of Lemon Pie Filling.
- Repeat until the last layer is on top.
- Whip whites until stiff.
- Add 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar at a time.
- Spread Meringue all over the cake.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes (usually 14), or until light brown.
- VIOLA! This cake is AWESOME!