- Delicious sweet pickles from regular dills or Kosher dills
- Jerry Waters
- 1 gallon (3.8 ltr) regular dill (or Kosher) pickles
- 5 cups (1175 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) tarragon vinegar
- 1 jar stemless maraschino cherries (for Christmas gifts)
- Drain all juice.
- Slice, chunk or spear pickles.
- Put back into jar.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) tarragon vinegar and 5 cups (1175 ml) sugar.
- Replace top on jar.
- Invert several times daily for 3 days.
- Put in half-pint or pint jars.
- Makes 11-12 half-pints.
- Keep in refrigerator.
- At Christmas, I add a jar of stemless maraschino cherries to the pickling mixture for color. These are delicious, crisp, sweet pickles, much better than bought, and make nice gifts.