- Vinegar Based BBQ Sauce Typical of North Carolina
- 1 cup (225 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well and allow ingredients to mesh for 4-8 hours before using.
- You can use this sauce as a basting sauce or just mix it into your cooked meat when you are ready to eat.
I printed this recipe from the internet some time ago after reading about N.C. BBQ sauces and I've been using it ever since. You have to love vinegar but I think the receipe is delicious.