- Vinegar based BBQ Sauce
- Friends in North Carolina
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) crushed red pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (225 ml) light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) hot pepper sauce (Tabasco or use your favorite)
- In a large pot, mix together cider vinegar, salt, crushed red pepper, red pepper flakes, light brown sugar and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to stand covered cooling on the stove at least 3 hours before serving on meat.
- This sauce can be served hot or cold.
- Excellent and very different from tomato or honey-mustard based BBQ sauce.