- 5 quarts (4725 ml) cucumbers
- 5 quarts (4725 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) pickling salt
- 1 large bunch cherry leaves
- 1 large bunch fresh dill
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) pickling spices
- 15 cups (3550 ml) sugar
- 10 cups (2350 ml) vinegar
- Layer cucumbers, dill and cherry leaves in crock.
- Mix 5 quarts (4725 ml) of water to 1 cup (225 ml) salt for brine.
- Pour over cucumbers.
- Soak for 10 days.
- After the 10 days, wash pickles and chunk into clean jars with 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pickling spices per jar.
- Mix sugar and vinegar and bring to boil.
- Pour boiling hot syrup over pickles.
- Clean jar edge and seal tightly.