- vinegar sauce for pulled pork
- Vicky Bryant
Serves/Makes: 2 cups approx.
- 2 cups (475 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) ketchup
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) packed brown sugar
- 4 tsp (20 ml). kosher salt (makes a huge difference so use kosher)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) hot sauce (my personal fav. is Chalula)
- 1 tsp (5 ml). to 2 tsp (10 ml). hot red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml). to 2 tsp (10 ml). black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a nonreactive mixing bowl and whisk until the salt and brown sugar dissolve.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Add amount of hot pepper flakes you want.
- Transfer the sauce to a very clean or even a sterile jar and store in refrigerator.
- Will keep for several months (if not more).
- Can also be used with chopped cabbage to make a vinegar slaw for pulled pork sandwiches.