Pickled Banana Pepper Rings
- hot banana peppers, cut into 1/4 rings
- 2 cups (475 ml) vinegar
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) pickling spices
- Pack hot banana peppers into jars. (Rubber gloves should be used in handling the hot peppers.)
- Mix solution of 2 cups (475 ml) vinegar and 1 cup (225 ml) sugar.
- Tie pickling spices into a cheesecloth bag.
- Add pickling spices to vinegar solution.
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove spices and pour boiling solution over the peppers. Seal in jar immediately.
- (Sweet banana peppers may be used or mixed with the hot peppers.)
- found at cooks.com