Spicy Chicken Peanut Pasta
- 2 tsp (10 ml) peanut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) minced ginger
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced green onions
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced jalape o peppers
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) low-fat peanut butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) lite coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Asian chili sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) low-fat low-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved, and cut into 2" cubes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) julienned red pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced carrots
- 6 cups (1425 ml) cooked capellini pasta
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger, green onions, and jalape os and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, peanut butter, coconut milk, chili sauce, and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat the broth in another skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute the chicken in the broth for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, red peppers, and carrots.
- Saute until the chicken is done and vegetables are crisp, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken and vegetable mixture to the sauce.
- Toss the peanut sauce with the capellini and serve.