Serves/Makes:1 9 x 13 inch cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 large can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 3 oz (84 grm). packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 pkg. frozen coconut (optional)
- 1 large container Cool Whip or equivalent
- Bake cake as directed on box in greased and floured 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Heat pineapple and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Punch holes in cake while still hot and pour pineapple-sugar mixture over cake.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Mix pudding as directed on package and spread over cake.
- If using coconut, sprinkle some on cake at this point.
- Mix rest of coconut with Cool Whip and spread on cake.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- Cake must be kept refrigerated.