- Chow Chow with a Twist
- Karen "Sissy" Wommack, From Her Friend, Harry Donahue
- 2 cups (475 ml) ripe tomatoes (peel or not peel, either), cut up into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). salad oil
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). minced garlic (less or more to your taste)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). Italian seasoning (less or more to your taste)
- chopped parsley, to your taste
- course ground pepper, to your taste
- salt, to your taste
- chopped hot peppers, to your taste--optional, if you want it to have a kick
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Put up in small batches, and either refrigerate or freeze.
- Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 4 Weeks or kept in freezer for up to 6 months.
- My neighbor, Harry Donahue, is the sweetest guy you would ever want to meet, an old sargent, lives by himself, BUT, he does NOT want people to know that he is a nice guy. Got the Picture? Ha. We share food back and forth, and he brought this to me and I was a little sceptical about it, BUT, it is GREAT, he had gotten the original recipe from another neighbor and friend, Midge Dacus, and he modified it to suit himself, and it is GREAT. Use it as a side dish or a relish.