- A sweet bannanalicious bread
- Emma and Jan
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or stick margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) mashed very ripe bananas (3 medium)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk (I use powdered buttermilk)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts, if desired
- Move oven rack to low position.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans with shortening.
- Mix sugar and butter in large bowl
- Stir in eggs until well blended
- Stir in bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. Stir in nuts(optional).
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick placed in middle comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans on wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing.
- Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days or refrigerate up to 10 days.
Blueberry-Banana Bread: Stir 1 cup fresh or frozen
blueberries into batter. (we used the nuts and the blueberries and it was real yummy!)