- Coffee-flavored truffles with cream cheese in the filling, dipped in a dark chocolate coating. Melts in your mouth!
Serves/Makes:5 dozen approx.
- 2 12 oz (336 grm). packages semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) instant coffee granules
- 2 tsp (10 ml) water
- 1 lb (.5 kg). dark chocolate confectionary coating
- white confectionary coating, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl or double boiler, melt the chocolate chips.
- Add cream cheese, coffee and water; mix well.
- Chill until firm enough to shape.
- Shape into 1 inch balls, and place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- Melt chocolate coating in microwave-safe bowl or double boiler.
- Dip balls and place on waxed paper to harden.
- If desired, melt white coating and drizzle over truffles. Store in the refrigerator.
- Note: Truffles can be frozen for several months before dipping in chocolate. Thaw in the refrigerator before dipping. These are very yummy!