- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup (225 ml) powdered sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour, sifted
- 3 tsp (15 ml) anise seed
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and combine the two mixtures. Gradually beat in the powdered sugar, mix lightly.
- Sift the flour and add; then stir in the anise seed.
- Drop from the tip of a tsp, about one inch apart, on a greased cookie sheet.
- Put pans into ice box over night.
- Bake the next morning at 300 degrees (150 C.) for 12 minutes.
- My sister-in-law makes these cookie (she is Dutch) but they are similar to the Italian version. I also found a Cocolate Anise cookie which is an Italian. Let me know if you'd like to try these.