- Ed's Cafe
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded cheese (cheddar and/or jack)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sliced green onions, optional
- salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
- Place one tortilla on plate or cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle chicken, cheese, and green onions over tortilla.
- Place second tortilla on top.
- You can microwave it for 1-2 minutes,
- or place in a non-stick frying pan on medium-low heat, covered, until the cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes,
- or wrap in foil and bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) until cheese is melted, about 5-10 minutes,
- or you can spend the money on a quesadilla maker.
- To serve, cut into wedges with a sharp knife or pizza cutter!
- My kids usually just microwave them. Quesadillas are very versatile. You can use a mixture of cheeses; use taco meat in place of the chicken; whatever you like! I refuse to spend money on the quesadilla maker because I don't care for items like this that only have one function, can be difficult to clean, and take up precious storage space in my kitchen.