- Leftover holiday dish
- 3 cups (700 ml) leftover cooked turkey, chicken, ham or pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Italian seasoning mix
- 3 cups (700 ml) turkey stock or 2 cans chicken broth
- 3 cups (700 ml) water
- cooked noodles or rice
- Combine all ingrediants except noodles or rice.
- If using a slow cooker 4-6 hours on low or in a dutch oven till vegetables are cooked.
- Add cooked rice or noodles and serve.
- I like to slow cook so thats what I did but a regular pot is ok too. If you want to make this for child friendly try using fun shaped pasta like stars or alphabet noodles. Also goldfish crackers.
You can also top the soup with grated cheese or parmesan cheese.