Sweet Potato Banana Casserole
- 5 medium-large sweet potatoes
- 2 med. bananas
- 1 dash of salt & nutmeg
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) hot milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- Boil potatoes until tender, peel and mash.
- Mash bananas and add to potatoes.
- Add salt and nutmeg and enough hot milk to moisten.
- Add egg yolks and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat egg white until stiff and fold into mix.
- Put in 2 quarts (1900 ml) greased casserole.
- Mix brown sugar and chopped nuts and sprinkle over potatoes.
- Melt butter and drizzle over casserole.
- Bake at 475 degrees (250 C.) 10 to 15 minutes (needs to be hot throughout).