Cranberry Blueberry or Cherry Coffee Cake
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) margarine
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). baking powder
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- fruit mix filling(see below)
- In a large bowl, beat margarine with sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add this flour mixture in three additions, alternately with sour cream, beating until combined.
- 1/3 Turn of the batter into a Pam sprayed bundt pan, sprinkle with brown sugar/blueberry mix or cranberry or cherry/sugar, flour, butter mix.
- Use only half of the fruit/mix.
- Repeat layering of remaining fruit/mix.
- End with batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 50 minutes.
- Variations for filling:
- 1 1 cup (225 ml) blueberries, 1/4 cup (60 ml) packed brown sugar, 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour and 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon.
- 2. 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce or cherry pie filling, 6 tbsp (90 ml) sugar, 4 tbsp (60 ml) flour mixed with 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter in a small bowl.