- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) white sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) light corn syrup
- 2 small eggs
- 3 cups (700 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground cloves
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Stir in corn syrup and eggs; cream well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and pepper.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until smooth.
- Refrigerate dough over night.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out cookies with a 2 inch round cookie cutter.
- Place at least 1 inch apart on cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven.
- found at allrecipes.com