- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 cup (225 ml) granular sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chocolate syrup
- 2 cups (475 ml) grated unsweetened coconut
- Heat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Line baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Whip egg whites on low until medium peaks form; gradually beat in sugar and cocoa powder; continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in coconut and syrup.
- Drop mixture by rounded tspfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Shape into little pyramids with wet fingertips.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Cool on sheets 1 minute before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- These are best stored in a metal container.