- Martha Purdy
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package pitted, chopped dates
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans
- flaked coconut, optional
- powdered sugar, optional
- Combine butter, sugar and dates in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
- Stir in cereal and pecans; cool to touch.
- Shape into 1-inch balls, and roll in coconut or powdered sugar, if desired.
- Store in airtight containers.