- A quick version of this famous cake from St. Louis.
- Vivian, Miami FL
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 box of confectioners sugar
- 8 oz (224 grm). cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). vanilla extract
- Mix together cake mix, 2 eggs, vanilla extract and butter. Batter will be thick.
- Spread into a 13 X 9 inch greased and floured pan.
- Blend remaining 2 eggs, all but 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the confectioners sugar and softened cream cheese.
- Pour over batter.
- Bake at 300 degrees (150 C.) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining 2 tbsp (30 ml). of confectioners sugar on top.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Do not over bake or topping will not be gooey.
- This recipe was shared by a friend. It's always a hit.