- This sandwich was originated in Louisville, Kentucky at the famous Brown Hotel, where chefs were perfect cooks. This is a southern favorite.
- Theresa C.
Serves/Makes:as many as you make
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 can Campbells cheddar cheese soup
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- hot sauce (optional)
- Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
- crisp bacon
- thick Slices of homemade bread
- Melt parmesan cheese in milk.
- Add soup.
- Mix cornstarch in water and add soup and milk mixture.
- When it thickens add a dash of hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Take sliced bread, put on slice of ham, and slice of turkey. (Bread may be toasted if preferred.)
- Pour on sauce.
- Add crisp bacon on top.
- Enjoy! Great for holiday leftovers!