- Hot milk sponge cake
Serves/Makes:14 servings - 1 tube cake
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml) almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Mix flour and baking powder.
- Heat milk in saucepan just until it boils. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat eggs on med. high til foamy, add sugar.
- Continue beating til thick and lemon colored.
- Add extracts.
- Reduce mixer speed to medium, add hot milk.
- Quickly beat in flour mixture.
- Pour into 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake for 45 minuts.
- Prep time 30 minuts, cook time 45 min. Calories 208, chol. 62 mg, carb. 43.4
Really does make a delious short cake.