- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 2 tsp (10 ml) lemon zest
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 12 (3") baked tart shells
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white sugar
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Add rind, juice and 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar.
- Beat eggs and egg yolks til thick and add to lemon butter mixture.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Beat 3 egg whites until stiff.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar and beat til stiff and glossy.
- Fill shells with custard, and top with meringue.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) just until tarts are a delicate brown.
- Hope this is what you're looking for.