Purple/Red Onion Salad Dressing
- Martha Purdy
Serves/Makes:1 cup approx.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 medium shallot, minced or 2 tbsp (30 ml) red onion, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) basil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) McCormick's Spicy blend, or other general purpose spice blend
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) black pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt
- Combine in blender at top speed for about a minute, so that all of the onion or shallot is reduced.
- The result should be a creamy pink dressing.
- Chill overnight in refrigerator.
- The result is a mild, oniony dressing with a slightly sweet edge