Smoked Sausage and Three-Bean Stew
- Colorful, quick, and can easily be doubled. (I use smoked turkey sausage to cut fat.)
- Jamie McArthur
- 1 package smoked turkey sausage, smoked sausage or kielbasa
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can white beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 can peeled diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil
- Cut sausage down the middle lengthwise.
- Then cut across in about one-half to one inch sections.
- Heat oil in pan, add sausage and brown.
- Open all the cans. (Do not drain off liquids from cans.)
- Add entire contents of all the cans.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly simmer until heated through.
- This is great reheated, can be frozen. Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. Good with crunchy cornbread.
This is a one-pan recipe. Easy clean-up!