- Savory Pudding (from a Yorkshireman)
Serves/Makes:12 small individual puddings
- 1 cup (225 ml) plain flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sunflower oil per pudding
- Combine the flour, eggs and milk in a large bowl.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Whisk the mixture until free of any lumps and air.
- Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Place 1 tsp (5 ml) of the oil in a bun tin (1 tsp (5 ml) per pudding).
- Place in a very hot (as hot as the oven will go) oven 5 minutes or until the oil is smoking.
- Add the pudding mixture to the hot oil (this will spit).
- Cook for 16 to 18 minutes or until tall and golden brown.
- Traditional Yorkshire Pudding -
This receipe never fails !!