Savory Breakfast/Brunch Casserole
- Breakfast Casserole
- Carlene McElwee
- 1 lb (.5 kg). sausage (ground)
- 12 oz (336 grm). sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 7 slices white bread, cubed
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). black pepper
- Brown and drain sausage.
- Mix sausage with remaining ingredients.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 40 minutes in a casserole dish.
- Can be baked immediately or placed in refrigerator overnight (covered) and baked the next morning.
Variation: substitute Mexican blend cheese for the cheddar.