Ginger Garlic Sauce for Stir-fry Veggies
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) shallots, sliced thin
- 1 2 inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, slice thin
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) peanut oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). curry powder
- 1/2 fresh lime, juice only
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) apple juice or Chinese sherry
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) red chili paste
- 1-1/2 oz (42 grm). demi-glace
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- In a non-reactive or stainless steel sauce pan, saute shallots, ginger, garlic, and bell peppers in peanut oil for 1-2 minutes or until shallots are translucent.
- Add curry powder and cook briefly.
- Add lime juice and apple juice or sherry and reduce by half.
- Add demi-glace, chili paste, vinegar and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and stir until demi-glace is dissolved and sauce is at the desired consistency.
- Add soy sauce, then strain and serve over vegetable, chicken, or fish.