- 4 green peppers
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked white rice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt (or more to taste)
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). jar Ragu Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 bag egg noodles, cooked
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds and white parts.
- Mix beef with rice, egg and seasonings.
- Stuff into cleaned peppers.
- Place peppers in a large pot, pour sauce over peppers and cook on medium to medium low for 2 hours. It should be simmering, not boiling.
- If sauce gets too thick you can add a little water. Add about 1/2 cup (125 ml) to 3/4 cup (175 ml) water. I usually do right from the start.
- You can also cook in a crockpot if you like.
- Serve over egg noodles! Yummy!
- This is the way Mom always made it and to this day is one of my favorite (if not the favorite) home-cooked meals. Very easy and simple to make too! If you have any leftover meat mixture, just shape them into meatballs and drop them in the pot with the peppers.
If you are looking for a recipe without onions or garlic be sure to read the ingredient listing on the spaghetti sauce jar.