- 3/4 lb (.3 kg). extra lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) cooked rice
- 1 tsp (5 ml). prepared horseradish
- 4 green peppers, seeds and pulp removed
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Mix together beef or turkey, tomato, rice and horseradish.
- Fill green peppers with meat mixture.
- Place peppers in a baking dish and top with 2 tbsp (30 ml) tomato sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35 minutes.
- Top each with 1 tbsp (15 ml) mozzarella cheese.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Per serving: 264 calories, 20 grams carbohydrate, 20 grams protein, 11 gram fat, 82 milligrams sodium.